Friday, June 5, 2009

Article..

I wrote this....and it also appears on
http://ezinearticles.com/?Reflections-of-a-Sunday-Morning---Race-For-the-Cure&id=2413306

On Sunday May 10, 2009 I attended the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure at the Mall of America in Minnesota. In celebration of my two year anniversary of being diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 27, I felt it was the most natural thing to do. Not really knowing what to expect, my Breast Cancer Bosom Buddy(who was also diagnosed two years ago at the age of 27) and I drove down to the cities, nervous, excited and partially wondering, is this really worth getting up early for ? Well it was worth it and so much more.

Attending this Race helped me understand Breast Cancer on a deeper level. Yes, I am a survivor, but what is this whole Breast Cancer thing really about? What are we really racing for? Who are these people that do this race?

The race bought to light the reassurances that there is a real fight going on and that we truly are making a difference. Many people wore placards that said "In Memory Of" for those that have been lost and "In Celebration Of" for those that continue to fight the battle. I was pleased to see a whole lot more in Celebration of's than in Memory Of's. We are surviving Breast Cancer better today than we did 50, 25, 10 and even 5 years ago. This makes me smile just a little.

I saw many faces at the Race that I will never forget. I never spoke a word to any of these people, but there faces make an imprint. There is the face of the 63 year survivor of Breast Cancer who represents the many decades this disease has been around. Perhaps a cure wont be find in her lifetime, but I hope in mine there will. There is the lone male survivor representing the part we often forget; this is not just a female disease. There is the face of the Latino mom with her three children representing the demographic that often goes with a lack of medical and financial support.

And then there is one last face. It is the face of two young children, walking with their father, wearing placards on their back saying, "In Memory of our Mommie." It is these last faces that form a knot in my stomach and bring tears to my eyes. As much as we do fight daily and we make great strides towards higher survival rates, some are still lost and that is just not fair.

One step at time. One dollar at a time. This Breast Cancer survivor was impressed with her Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure experience. Way to go guys, keep up the good work.

1 comment:

  1. Good day to all am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua herbal center the powerful herbal doctor that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreatic Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. ,I contacted him based on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com web and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank you Dr Itua herbal center for your kind help in my life. His Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete